Coffee or tea? Carpet or hardwood?
Every one has their personal preference! They both have their pros and cons, but for this article we’ll focus on the positives of carpet. Here are the key points to ponder…
The question of carpet vs hardwood floors has changed in recent years thanks to advances in the materials and construction of carpet. Modern carpet is often easier to enjoy and maintain than the carpet you knew growing up.
If you want a soft, comforting floor where your family and pets can play and relax — or you simply dislike the unforgiving feel of wood under your feet, you should indulge in the many benefits of carpet:
- Softer underfoot and warmer during the winter
- Less expensive in general (although premium options have similar costs as hardwood)
- Even wider variety of color and texture options, including natural and synthetic fibers
- Quiet walking and a noise-dampening effect
- Avoids the expense of adding rugs throughout your living spaces
What are my choices when I build?
When it comes to choosing your carpet material, there are many popular choices:
- Polyester – This highly resilient fiber is know for its strength and excellent fade resistance. With no need to stress over spills because of being treated with Scotchgard! Best for quiet or social spaces with low traffic like bedrooms, offices or tv rooms!
- Nylon – For high traffic areas pets and kids are no match for this resilient nylon for it resists crushing and matting and can stand up to the highest of traffic! It’s great for living rooms hallways stairs and playrooms!
- Smartstrand – This is the one that has it all! With excellent durability and built-in stain and soil resistance, our exclusive Triexta fiber resists stains and wear without sacrificing softness. This is for any room or activity level, this type takes dining room spills and heavy traffic in stride!