Choosing a floor plan can be overwhelming and challenging!
Especially when a husband and wife might disagree! How do you resolve this issue? There are better ways than Rock-Paper-Scissors! Hgtv has people write down their must haves and focus on 3 of them. You might try and do that and see where you have common ground and see where you can check off the must haves mutually.
Here are a few things to consider:
- The size of your immediate family (or those who will be living with you in the house) can be the main factor of the square footage and/or number of rooms in your home building plans.
- Determine how often you like to entertain guests, and if you prefer to have a room(s) for them to stay over for extended periods of time.
- Identify the areas that you and your family/friends generally congregate. For example, some families find that they often spend most of their free time gathered in the kitchen area, so there might be a need for an island and/or open concept. Some do not enjoy the noise so would rather have families spend a majority of their time in the game room.
- The work spaces in your house of choice should be compatible with your lifestyle. For example, if you do a lot of yard work or have outdoor hobbies, then you will want a washroom that can be accessed from outside the home. If you have an interest that is noisy (music, woodworking, etc.), then you may need a work space that is far removed from the home’s living areas. Check out our plans to see all of the different options you have.
- Do you have a need for privacy? Your master bedroom might need to be separated from the rest of the house… we have many 1 story and 2 story plans that ensure your privacy.
- Will laundry need to be done while some one is sleeping, or would you rather have have laundry close to all the bedrooms?
Your Home Your Way!
Taking the time to answer some of these questions might alleviate a lot of anxiety and stress in building! Ask about getting a FREE color brochure to start choosing your floor plan today!